This is the weird thought I had just now, while eating some orange Viennetta.
This, divine chocolate orange delight, would exist in my heaven. This thought made me wonder what else would be in my heaven. I came up with the following list of things:
- Velvet furnishings
- Red wine (Ian Botham red wine or red wine from the Middle East)
- Chocolate orange (in many incarnations, not just Viennetta)
- The sea
- A hula hoop
- An endless supply of art materials
I decided, at this point, that we all perhaps have our own versions of heaven. My heaven may not be yours. In fact, my heaven could be your hell. My brother, for example, hates velvet. I don’t expect him to visit me in heaven too often.
So, as easy as it is to come up with my heaven, it is to conjure my hell. This is what I expect to find, should I be banished down under for that time when I accidentally poked a monkey at Dudley Zoo with a biro:
- Cat diarrhoea
- Naughty boys from Walton High School circa 1983-5
- Party poppers
- People who like to pull down the bits of skin below their eyes to show their eyeballs
- Intolerant people
Let’s hope that St Peter lets me go upwards. I have been fairly good, most of my life, except the odd transgression related to West Midlands animal attractions, so here’s hoping.